Required work experience (years):
About the role
• The Accountants role is to support the Financial Controller in establishing the budget planning, budget monitoring, financial reporting and review of internal controls.
• Other responsibilities include oversight of junior staff within the department that need specialist guidance in accounting standards, and industry best practice.
• You will be expected to have advanced knowledge of accounting standards (IFRS), tax and budgeting.
• The goal will be to provide excellent assistance and support to the Financial Controller & Senior Leadership Team.
The Accountants roles and responsibilities within the school include but are not limited to-
• Prepare the schools annual budget, review and update as necessary.
• Monitor income and expenditure in relation to the schools budget, and produce monthly reports
• Keep all school accounts and prepare income and expenditure reports in accordance with IFRS, financial regulations and shall prepare accounts for submission to the schools auditors.
• Assist in the preparation for the annual audit, liaising with all parties involved.
• Maintain and oversee all bank accounts including the schools debit card/s, completing monthly reconciliations and reporting banking errors to Management.
• Ensure that the schools finance policy is reviewed and updated as necessary and that the school meets all financial requirements.
• Responsible for all elements of cash handling including collections and disbursements, banking and security, fundraising and school trips.
• Responsible for the completion of the schools payroll, ensuring all forms including timesheets, new starter/leaver/variation forms and annual returns are submitted within required deadlines
• Responsible for the placement of orders ensuring they are processed through the schools computerized finance accounting package.
Call DARKO DIVINE PLUS XPRESS LTD. to apply